A bit of ranting about Ubuntu.com

Quim Gil qgil at desdeamericaconamor.org
Wed Feb 8 06:25:44 GMT 2006

Is it there an interest to apply some user-centered design planning
methodologies to start woking on a v2.0 version of Ubuntu.com? The road
of defining organisation's requirements, use cases, user profiles... to
end up defining a consequent website structure, navigation and content.

>From a 'get things done' perspective is always quicker and more
satisfactory to go directly to tweak into the homepage, navigation bars
and page content. However, facing the less flashy tasks of doing some
research and debate about Ubuntu's needs, ubuntu users needs etc leads
to better results.

This process takes time. It is probably not feasible to be ready for
Dapper, but starting soon we could have results for Dapper +1. Maybe we
end up in a similar solution as the currently implemented, maybe not.
The good thing is that we possibly will know better what are we doing
and why, based on some research, debate and tests instead of the (good)
intuition of web developers.

En/na Henrik Nilsen Omma ha escrit:

--
Quim Gil - http://desdeamericaconamor.org