"Revolution OS" (The Movie).

Shawn McMahon smcmahon at eiv.com
Fri Dec 22 02:06:35 GMT 2006

On Wed, Dec 20, 2006 at 06:56:05PM +0000, Tristan Wibberley said:

> Microsoft who uses gnu patch at least (an Exchange sink in .NET kit
> included gnu patch) and is rumoured to have used the BSD TCP/IP stack,
> and I think also used various pieces of BSD software in early Internet
> Explorer versions. Microsoft also releases a huge amount of free stuff

Taken from a currently-up-to-date Windows XP Professional:

$ strings `which ftp.exe` | grep Regents
@(#) Copyright (c) 1983 The Regents of the University of California.

Just one example of BSD code shipped with every version of Windows
for many years.

--
   Shawn McMahon    |
   EIV Consulting   | Peace is a symptom of victory.