"Revolution OS" (The Movie).

Tristan Wibberley maihem at maihem.org
Wed Dec 20 21:06:15 GMT 2006

On Wed, 2006-12-20 at 13:33 -0600, Jerry Haltom wrote:
> That's all great and wow and stuff, but if Exchange was free, I'd use
> it. And I wouldn't pay MS. That's obviously negative to their income.

By using Microsoft as the only case of somebody harmed by the popularity
and feasibility of free software to show that "people from Wall Street"
will not like it, are you implying that "people from Wall Street" care
only about what is good for Microsoft?

I think there are a lot of companies they care about (including their
own) that will benefit from the free availability of valuable
information processing techniques, thus "people from Wall Street" will
recognise that, in the grand scheme of things, free software is great
for them.

--
Tristan Wibberley

No opinion expressed here is intended to represent those of my employer,
nor has my employer reviewed/approved this message as representative of
its opinion.