Back to Windows...

Nikolai psalmos at swissinfo.org
Wed Dec 6 09:11:08 GMT 2006

Peter Garrett wrote:

> <sardonic>
> Of
> course, nobody has defined the word "God" .... and neither shall I presume
> to do so ;-)  That would be too technical, not to mention presumptuous !
>
> </sardonic>

<genial>

Well, allow me then if no one will :-)
Question 7. What is God?
Answer: God is a Spirit, in and of himself infinite in being, glory,
blessedness, and perfection; all-sufficient, eternal, unchangeable,
incomprehensible, everywhere present, almighty, knowing all things, most
wise, most holy, most just, most merciful and gracious, longsuffering,
and abundant in goodness and truth.
(from The Larger Catechism)

</genial>

>>> How does it relate to Ubuntu?
>> I suppose through "...Linux for human beings" line of thought.
>
> "Homo sum: humani nil a me alienum puto"   - Terentius
>
> ( translation: "I am a human being, so nothing human is strange to me"

he got that right

> 	"Stupidity is brief and artless, but intelligence shifts and
> shuffles and hides itself" - Ivan , (ibid)

I can assure you it doesn't sound as dramatic in Russian :-) especially
when you read the whole paragraph.

Nikolai