Back to Windows...

Alexander Jacob Tsykin stsykin at gmail.com
Wed Dec 6 03:55:57 GMT 2006

On Wednesday 06 December 2006 14:06, Senectus . wrote:
> On 06/12/06, Alexander Jacob Tsykin <stsykin at gmail.com> wrote:
> > On Wednesday 06 December 2006 12:14, Nikolai wrote:
> > > Cybe R. Wizard wrote:
> > > "Faith:  not *wanting* to know what is true." Friedrich Nietzsche
> >
> > It would also be to ask how a man who famously said "God is dead" could
> > possibly have experienced faith. Since he obviously didn't, any
> > definition e
> > makes for faith i clearly worthless. It's like somebody in the stone age
> > trying to describe Ubuntu.
>
> Ahh right, and of course only religious people have any morality.
> All Atheists are corrupt and morally devoid individuals as they have
> nothing to live for but themselves.
>
> </sarcasm>
> It's the same auguement you're making.
> If you don't have faith in a/your invisible best friend you can't have any
> understanding of what faith is?

Actually that si axactly what I am saying. How can you describe something you
have not experienced? At best you can only describe its effect on others. I
don't understand Atheism. I know that it is the belief in the absence of a
god, intellectually, however I make no claim to understand it at an emotional
level. I certainly want to know what is true, and yet i believe in God.
Certainly a belief in God does not connote a lack of curiosity, although I
can understand how, as somebody who did not believe in God, Neitzsche made
that mistake. He could not possibly know ho wrong he was.

Sasha