blog post: " Ubuntu vs. Debian: What Canonical Doesn't Want You To Know "

Matt Zimmerman mdz at ubuntu.com
Mon Aug 14 22:14:02 BST 2006

On Mon, Aug 14, 2006 at 09:16:51AM -0400, Shawn McMahon wrote:
> On Sun, Aug 13, 2006 at 04:16:56PM +0200, Quim Gil said:
> > If you love Debian, how can you hate Ubuntu?
> > If you love Ubuntu, how can you hate Debian?
>
> If you love Fords, how can you hate the Expedition?
> If you love Expeditions, how can you hate Fords?

Not quite; Ford is a brand while the Expedition is a vehicle.  Ubuntu and
Debian are comparable products, in this discussion.

If we try for automotive analogies, perhaps a more apt one would be
different configurations of optional equipment on the same model.  Surely,
folks will have different preferences, but probably not enough to swing a
love/hate relationship with the model overall.

--
 - mdz