"Mark Shuttleworth Interviewed on TV": direct video link

Vincent Trouilliez vincent.trouilliez at numericable.fr
Thu Aug 10 00:11:48 BST 2006

"Conrad Knauer" <atheoi at gmail.com> wrote:
> Also, it opens in Totem if you have w32codecs and (iiRC)
> gstreamer0.10-pitfdll (from multiverse) installed (though I tend to
> like Mplayer better myself :)

Hmmm, for some reason, sadly, both Totem abnd VLC fail to play the video track (audio plays fine though), and mplayer just worked. So the windows codec alone aren't a garantee that windows videos will play :-( Apparently the player software itself is very important !

Anyway, the video was nice. It's great to see that Ubuntu (or Linux really) makes it at all on TV ! :-)

--
Vince