Knowing when to stop (was Re: Software patents [Was:Re: Oracle interested in buying Ubuntu])

Matthew East mdke at ubuntu.com
Thu Apr 20 16:32:38 BST 2006

On Fri, 2006-04-21 at 01:26 +1000, Alexander Jacob Tsykin wrote:
> By the way, I would love t if nobody did the supremely silly thing of
> saying "he's stopped arguing because he know he lost."

No one in their right mind will think this: this is a mailing list, and
it is not necessary to answer absolutely every email just because you
were involved in a prior part of the discussion. Knowing when to stop is
a very important part of participating in the discussion, and when
nothing valuable can be added, that is the time.

This is something that I'd really like to see done more often on this
list: it would make it much more of a pleasure to read.

Matt
mdke at ubuntu.com
gnupg pub 1024D/0E6B06FF