Firefox 1.0.x sunset announcement and Breezy

James "Doc" Livingston doclivingston at gmail.com
Sun Apr 16 03:05:28 BST 2006

On Sat, 2006-04-15 at 18:45 -0700, Daniel Robitaille wrote:
> On 4/15/06, john levin <john at technolalia.org> wrote:
> > Where does this leave Firefox in Hoary and Breezy? They both use this
> > series. Are they going to be maintained, and if so, by who?
> >

> I'm guessing Hoary/Breezy will get Firefox 1.5 at one point once the
> 1.0.x version is not maintained anymore.

Dealing with the API breakage would be fun. Either it would have to be
parallel installed with the old one or a heap of other applications
would need to be upgraded to use the new version.

The former would mean Gecko using applications wouldn't have the
security/bug fixes. The latter would mean updating other applications
(possibly requiring major version upgrades) or backporting support for
newer Firefox/Gecko.

I pity the person/people who would get assigned to deal with it.

James "Doc" Livingston
--
"I think we agnostics need a term for a holy war too. I feel all left
out." - George Lebl