Comments about Linux/Ubuntu from a former MS-programmer

Hein-Pieter van Braam hp at syntomax.com
Thu Apr 13 13:49:52 BST 2006

I've tried running with 'manually maximized windows' for a day or two
now, just out of curiosity, see what could be made better.

and it is utter shit :)

I found out that my preferred method of finding the scrollbar is indeed
'throw the mouse to the left as far as possible' just as 'start app' has
become 'throw mouse to the top left somewhere' breaking that is hugely
painful.

I also noticed a lot of accidental resize, when you accidentally miss an
app in the 'app tray' at the bottom, and a myrad of other annoying
things.

to change the multi-mode thing for windows would require some really
well-thought out model of operations :) perhaps some edge resistance
like thingy for resize? so it doesn't happen accidentally?