Graphical Xorg configuration Application

Tristan Wibberley maihem at maihem.org
Sun Apr 9 21:35:14 BST 2006

CC'd to sounder, please followup there. -devel is for current
development tasks - which, AFAIK, currently means stuff for Dapper.

Johannes Fortner wrote:
> Hello,
> Some new Ubuntu users have often Problems with configuration your
> display(s). Some Monitors are not good configured by default.
> I think Ubuntu need a Configuration Tool for the xserver and it is a
> good idea to Integrated it into the gnome control panel or the gnome
> screen resolution preferences.

That doesn't have a lot to do with GNOME, it should mostly be in
System->Administration. The sysadmin should configure the set of
acceptable settings (normally done automatically), then the user could
have an item in System->Preferences to select from one of the configured
choices.

--
Tristan Wibberley