Shawn McMahon smcmahon at
Fri Oct 21 15:12:37 CDT 2005

On Fri, Oct 21, 2005 at 08:19:02PM +0200, Jeff Waugh said:
> Seriously - I've spoken to CTO-level government bureaucrats about Ubuntu,
> referring to only the version number, and then explained the codenames as
> soon as they've asked... It's never been a problem.

What we probably need is a survey.  We've got conflicting reports on
this front.  If it's a small minority of the potential userbase,
then no problem; and I recognize that just because a lot of reporters
complain about something doesn't mean it has any bearing on reality.

Shawn McMahon  | When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new
EIV Consulting | bicycle.  Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work    | that way, so I stole one and asked Him to forgive me.