IOSN Live CD

Jeff Waugh jeff.waugh at ubuntu.com
Sat Oct 15 21:41:53 CDT 2005

<quote who="Jerome Gotangco">

> I was at the 4th PLUG technical seminar (linux.org.ph) yesterday and our
> president, Marvin Pascual, fresh from meeting RMS in Cambodia gave me an
> IOSN Live CD.
>
> The IOSN (International Open Source Network) is an initiative by the UNDP
> (United Nations Development Programme) to increase awareness in the use of
> FOSS in the Asia-Pacific region.
>
> Lo and behold, the IOSN Live CD is a modified Hoary Live CD! Booting up,
> you see the Ubuntu splash, but in GNOME, you'll see a blue background and
> a lot of IOSN publications and training materials for the adoption of FOSS
> in the region.

Colin Charles, who I'm sure you met at UbuntuDownUnder, was deeply involved
in this -> pretty sweet, considering he's a bit of a Fedora guy. ;-)

- Jeff

--
linux.conf.au 2006: Dunedin, New Zealand               http://linux.conf.au/

   "They are, as I told Telsa, all very small cheques. Indeed our cheques
   only come in one size, otherwise cheque books would be far too hard to
                          manufacture." - Alan Cox