John dingo at coco2.arach.net.au
Tue Nov 15 23:39:01 CST 2005

Daniel Robitaille wrote:
> Kubuntu was mentionned in this article in the Boston Herald this
> morning (online; not sure about the printed edition):
>
> http://business.bostonherald.com/reviews/view.bg?articleid=112122&format=&page=1
>
> "Kubuntu is a darn-nice operating system.
>       In this reviewer's testing, it was more stable than Windows.
> Over a couple weeks, it froze only once. And for many applications
> such as word-processing and e-mail, it was faster than Windows
> mainstays Word and Outlook. The biggest surprise to this reviewer was
> the beauty of the interface. It was nicer than any Windows variation.
> Moreover, there are all sorts of ways to adjust the look. If you can't
> find one you like, there are dozens of others to try."

I have to say that Kubuntu and SuSE both look PDF on my new laptop. I'm
sure part of that's the screen (though I'm not convinced high-gloss is
the way to go, too many reflections. Reminds me of IBM's CGA monitors
which, fortunately, I didn't get to use).

The KDE folks have done well. At kde.org and other places.