John dingo at coco2.arach.net.au
Sun Nov 6 16:35:10 CST 2005

Jeroen van Splunder wrote:
> On zo, 2005-11-06 at 11:40 -0800, Daniel Robitaille wrote:
>
>>http://www.skype.com/security/SKYPE-SB-2005-003.txt
>>
>>Skype recently issued that Security Vulnerability Bulletin affecting
>>all platform, including Linux.
>
> Which is related to Ubuntu, because... ?

Ubuntians use Skype. I think Skyp should be invited to post relevant
security alerts to the appropriate Ubuntu list.

What would be handy is a generic Linux list which people such as Skyp
can send there alerts to, and which gets forwarded to the relevant lists
for Ubuntu, Red Hat, SuSe, Debian, Gento etc.

I'm sure that many more Linux users subscribe to their distro's list,
than to those (maybe) run by Sun (eg Java), UBM (Eg Java), Real, Skype,
especially where the software is free.