MacWorld article: "Macs replace university's Linux desktops"

Paul Sladen ubuntu at paul.sladen.org
Wed May 25 09:11:19 CDT 2005

On Tue, 24 May 2005, Daniel Robitaille wrote:
> > From Macworld.com, an article about Trinity College at the University
> of Melbourne going the Mac route instead of Debian:
> http://www.macworld.com/news/2005/05/24/maclinux/index.php

I was quite surprised when I was there in Melbourne---I wondered into the
building to hunt some net access and was impressed with the first row of
flatscreen iMacs.  Sadly the iMacs were crippled by having 'Terminal'
removed, yet the PCs all had 'PuTTY' pre-installed...

BTW, I *loved* the security policy, convenient username+passwords where
stuck on the front of each machine!

	-Paul
--
It sometimes snows here.  London, GB