Why no mention of GNU?

Steve Alexander steve at canonical.com
Tue Apr 12 00:56:11 CDT 2005

Guido Heumann wrote:

>>And obviously the new domain ubuntu.com is now preferred to former
>>ubuntulinux.org.
>
> Well, not that obviously really. Most pages link to ubuntulinux.org.
> Don't know from where I got that impression.

We'd like to have the whole website working whether you go to ubuntu.com
or ubuntulinux.org.  In either case, links would take you to ubuntu.com.

There's some work going on with the website to make this happen.  There
are a couple of technical things that need doing, to do with using Plone
for the sites, to make this work properly.  I expect these will be
sorted out very soon.

Other than the technical issues, ubuntu.com is what we'd prefer.

--
Steve Alexander