Art sites, Ubuntu exposure

volvoguy volvoguy at gmail.com
Sat Oct 30 00:40:56 CDT 2004

On Sat, 30 Oct 2004 15:28:42 +1000, Jeff Waugh <jeff.waugh at canonical.com> wrote:

> (This is why I raised the idea of cooperating with those sites - should
> we expect artists to keep uploading to three, four, five sites? I'm sure
> we can come up with something clever here. Perhaps have the ubuntu
> domains used as frontends to the other art sites, showing a particular
> category?)

Ahh. I see what you mean. That could be a very cool short term
advertising trick. :-)

It seems like it would be pretty easy to communicate to all the
existing "Ubuntu artists" to put a keyword (or other distinguishing
feature) in their entries at the Gnome/KDE sites. Then the Ubuntu
specific sites could just do a http redirect to the URL with those
search terms in it.

I'll do some research into that as well. I know personally I'm getting
well over 100 unique visitors a day to my humble little artwork page!

--
Aaron

Ubuntu SVG Artwork - www.volvoguy.net/ubuntu