Applet item side-effect of new menu items...

Jeff Waugh jdub at perkypants.org
Thu Aug 26 21:25:14 CDT 2004

Yo,

Seb -> one for you. But I wanted to raise it here before logging a bug about
it. ;-) If you look through the "Add to Panel" list in warty, you'll see a
few familiar faces such as:

  About Ubuntu...
  Desktop
  Documents
  Help

ie. stuff from the new Computer menu that has also appeared as items you can
add to your panel. Perhaps we should set these up so that they don't appear
there? I'm sure some of the locations ones might be useful, but it's going
to get tricky when:

 a) We do something different with the menus in later releases, and those
    "unintentional" panel items are in use by users.

 b) We have the current volume set in the menu (as requested by Mark), or
    the file selector bookmarks list, both of which are dynamic -> this is
    going to be quite confusing. ;-)

Thoughts?

- Jeff

--
What's all that about?                           http://www.no-name-yet.com/

    "Orphaned farm-boy hero helps save world against bad-guys, begins a
   journey of self-discovery, and makes interesting friends. Passable." -
                        Andrew Bennetts on Star Wars