snappy source files

Swami s.swamyn at gmail.com
Wed May 4 00:34:54 UTC 2016

Thanks. I synced the uboot code from upstream source tree[1] and applied
the config changes[2] into include/configs/rpi.h, as I am trying to use
Raspberry Pi2 as reference board. Now, I wanted to see if my custom
generated uboot.bin works on the board. So, I downloaded the rpi2 snap
source from [3], replaced the u-boot.bin into
/snappy-systems/pi2.moved/boot-assets/ and renamed it uboot.bin. Ran snappy
build in main pi2.moved directory to generate the .snap file. Using this
snap file and the device tar ball from [4], created the image file using
below command.
sudo ubuntu-device-flash core 15.04 --oem mycustom_2.1_all.snap
--developer-mode --device-part=device-pi2-0.16.tar.xz -o pi2.img. Flashing
this image, goes to u-boot, but doesn't boot the kernel. Also, don't see
the environment variables being loaded due to below error:
reading uboot.env
*** Warning - bad CRC, using default environment

printenv shows the default environment and not the ones in uboot.env/
uboot.env.in, which I didn't modify either. Can you help understand which
part I am missing here or doing something wrong, so I can get the uboot.env
loaded correctly and in turn boot to the already existing kernel?
I am using gcc-arm-linux-gnueabihf for compiling the u-boot from [1] and
using 'make all' command.

Is there a place where I should change the checksum of the uboot.env, even
though I didn't change any?

[1] git clone git://git.denx.de/u-boot.git
[2] http://paste.ubuntu.com/15793824/
[3] https://code.launchpad.net/~snappy-dev/snappy-hub/snappy-systems
[4] http://people.canonical.com/~platform/snappy/raspberrypi2/

_Swami