Question/Request: Directory for data that should persist over updates.

Lefteris Karapetsas lefteris at slock.it
Thu Jan 28 13:44:46 UTC 2016

Hey all,

I asked this question here before but got no answer.

Some snaps, including mine need to store some data, a database let's say,
or in my case a whole blockchain. So far I was instructed to do that at
$SNAP_APP_DATA_PATH. This works fine for now but whenever the user updates
the snap from what I understand this whole directory will be copied into
the next version's directory, to enable the transaction updating and
rollback nature of Snappy Ubuntu.

This is not going to work for my snap and I need to ask if there is any
directory where I can store data for the application that will persist over
any update. If not then this is something that really should be added at
some point since I suppose many snaps will need to utilize behaviour like
this.

Best Regards,

--

Lefteris Karapetsas