Addition and modification of users

Andreas Schmidl andreas.schmidl at gmail.com
Fri Sep 4 14:57:00 UTC 2015

Hi,

i think there exists still a problem. Also with --extrausers option, it
doesn't work:

(BeagleBoneBlack)ubuntu at localhost:/etc$ sudo adduser --extrausers
testuser
[sudo] password for ubuntu:
Adding user `testuser'...
Adding new group `testuser' (1001) ...
ENTER EXTRAUSERS_GROUP_FILEEXIT EXTRAUSERS_GROUP_FILEENTER
EXTRAUSERS_SHADOWGROUP_FILEEXIT EXTRAUSERS_SHADOWGROUP_FILEAdding new
user `testuser' (1001) with group `testuser' ...
useradd: cannot open /var/lib/extrausers/subuid
adduser: `/usr/sbin/useradd --extrausers -d /home/testuser -g testuser
-s /bin/bash -u 1001 testuser' returned error code 16. Exiting.

Best regards,
Andreas