Addition and modification of users

Andreas Schmidl andreas.schmidl at gmail.com
Tue Sep 1 19:27:57 UTC 2015

Hi,

thanks a lot for the fast bugfix and backport to 15.04.
I thought about to immediately try if the bugfix is working.
My idea is to use the power of the snappy system_a/system_b concept and
install ubuntu-core 15.04 edge to system_b partition.
Until now my BeagleBone Black is on 15.04 stable (initially on both
system partitions).

I read in the channel guide
(https://developer.ubuntu.com/en/snappy/guides/channels/) that snappy
supports switching between the channels:
"However, you can still switch channels at a later point using command
line tools."

I assume "later point" means after flashing the initial system-image
which was created with ubuntu-device-flash.
I also assume "command line tools" means the snappy tool.

I tried to find an option in snappy to switch the channel of my system.
snappy config ubuntu-core shows only a few keys:
$ sudo snappy config ubuntu-core
config:
   ubuntu-core:
     autopilot: true
     timezone: Etc/UTC
     hostname: xyz.abc.local

Also for the "snappy set" command I didn't found any property to switch
the channel e.g. snappy set channel=edge. "channel" is an unkown
property.

Is my approach to solve that problem wrong?

Best regards,
Andreas