Versions

John Lenton john.lenton at canonical.com
Sat Oct 31 00:23:38 UTC 2015

On 30 October 2015 at 19:36, Gábor Paller <gaborpaller at gmail.com> wrote:
> Having more than one version installed and invoking a specific version.
> Basic requirement in OSGi.

they might be installed, but they won't be active -- which means
you're calling them directly, unconfined? Or maybe I'm
misunderstanding something.

If I understand correctly you're using the package version to
distinguish protocol versions (is that what osgi calls them?), but
that feels wrong, especially given that you need to have several
different ones installed (and active) at the same time. I'd suggest
something more monolithic, with all the protocol versions in a single
snap, or if you want multiple snaps, making the name include the
protocol version, if that makes sense; keep in mind that in multiple
snaps you'd typically struggle to share libraries for example.

HTH,