RFC: Snappy shell

Mark Shuttleworth mark at ubuntu.com
Thu Jun 18 10:06:10 UTC 2015

I think this experience can be achieved with OpenSSH, there is no hard
requirement to link SSH into snappy to enable this.

On 15/06/15 17:15, Jamie Strandboge wrote:
> Seems like we set up the snappy user's shell to this and have
> snappy-cli as an available option in /etc/shells so that in the future
> new users can use this shell?

Imagine that every snap can provide a terminal shell command. The
mythical "comfy" framework snap could thus provide a traditional shell,
other snaps can provide CLI environments suitable for them. So if I
install an ICOS snap, I can say something like:

 % shell icos

...and find myself at the ICOS command prompt.

Mark