Snappy ODROID-C1 image available for testing

Simon Eisenmann simon at struktur.de
Mon Jun 15 20:55:28 UTC 2015

Hi,

On 06/15/2015 08:36 PM, Oliver Grawert wrote:

> just to bring up my eternal nag that i bring up since ... hmm... i think
> since UDS prague (2007)... we should have a generic initrd and store the
> modules outside so that you never need to re-pack it ... we do that on
> the phone and it works flawless there but indeed we have all bits to get
> to the rootfs built into the kernel (ext4 mainly i think)

For ODROIDC the initrd does not contain a single module. But that does
not mean it is generic as some other stuff might want configuration as
early as possible.

I would prefer just to have a snappy initrd builder which just creates a
new initrd for snappy with all the required scripting and stuff and a
configuration file to add extra stuff as required by the target platform.

Cheers
Simon