Heads up for the first stable update for Snappy 15.04

Ricardo Salveti de Araujo ricardo.salveti at canonical.com
Fri Jun 5 05:37:15 UTC 2015

Hey,

As we're landing changes and fixes for both stable and rolling (and
are about to get working wily images for rolling), we also decided to
start the process to release our first stable update for snappy 15.04.

We are still working on the remaining details, but our goal is to work
towards releasing one stable update per month (kernel SRU cadence +
extra week for extra landings and testing). I should be able to
publish a proper release plan during next week.

For the first stable update (we're calling 15.04.1), we created
https://launchpad.net/snappy/+milestone/15.04.1 to help us keep
tracking of the fixes that will be included in this release. Image 78
(which was just published at 15.04/edge) contains most fixes, but
still missing one critical (https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1460152),
which we should hopefully be able fix soon. Once we land this
remaining critical we should be good to tag our first 15.04.1 RC, and
would be great if you could use and validate it with your own snaps
and specific environment/boards, to make sure we're not missing
anything before promoting it to stable.

Both Leo and Federico are also heavily testing and documenting the
test procedure used when doing the manual validation, so after the
release we should have enough data to start automating most of it. Our
goal is to radically increase our test coverage and automation, to
make sure even 15.04/edge can always be in a proper state.

Thanks,
--
Ricardo Salveti de Araujo