recent changes to uboot handling in snappy

g4 at novadsp.com g4 at novadsp.com
Wed Jul 29 14:58:09 UTC 2015

Hello oli

> Last but not least, if you have any questions about this new setup or need
> any help with porting do not hesitate to ask here on the mailing list or
find
> me on IRC in the #snappy channel on freenode and i will happily help you
> with your port.
>
> ciao
>     oli

Very useful. Thank you.

WRT to the Beaglebone Black (B3) I am currently using kernels/RFS built from
the RCN repositories (i.e. generally mainline but sometimes with early
patches). Snappy looks like it might be an well-resourced alternative so I'd
like to investigate it further.

Questions arise around using TFTP/NFS for both booting and mounting the file
system. This works perfectly with the mainline 3.18 and 4.1 kernels and with
a Debian 8.x RFS.

Do you have any thoughts on how well this might work with the current
Snappy?
And does the new Snappy u-boot configuration system accommodate TFTP boot
etc?

I am doing some kernel driver and user-land work and the SD card route just
does not cut it :)

Final issue: Is there a FAQ on how to get basic packages onto an ARM board?
I was thwarted in my last Snappy experiment by the absence of alsa-utils
...!

TAIA.

Jerry.

https://ograblog.wordpress.com/2015/01/25/porting-ubuntu-snappy-to-a-yet-uns