Changing the kernel

Gábor Paller gaborpaller at gmail.com
Tue Jul 28 20:17:18 UTC 2015

Hi,

I got into a situation that I have to change the kernel under the Snappy
environment (the reason is power management on BBB). I am looking into the
Snappy boot process and I am a bit confused. For example the kernel file
seems to be specified in system-boot partition's snappy-system.txt. But
there is a strict warning at the head of the file:
# This is a snappy variables and boot logic file and is entirely generated
and
# managed by Snappy. Modifications may break boot

What is the worst thing that can happen if I update the kernel image file
name in this file? Or is this the Right Thing (TM) to do?

Regards,
Gabor