Snappy RPi2 stable image #3 now available

Ricardo Salveti de Araujo ricardo.salveti at canonical.com
Wed Jul 8 21:17:55 UTC 2015

On Thu, Jun 18, 2015 at 2:52 PM, Niklas Wenzel
<nikwen.developer at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Ricardo,
>
> Thank you for your reply. :)
>
> Would it be possible to allocate some resources on one of the Canonical
> servers to host a system-image server? Even if the images weren't built
> automatically, it would help a lot if we didn't have to reflash our devices
> every time a new image is available. Since most of you are uploading the
> files to people.canonical.com anyway, it would additionally save bandwith as
> we would only have to download the diffs.
> If we had an image server, most people (including me) would probably not
> even mind if there was official support for the Pi or not...

Sorry for taking a while to reply you back, we had tons of discussions
around this topic, and didn't want to give any answer that would
change over the upcoming days.

As you replied on your other email, there is a bug for us to
investigate what can be done for 15.04, but for 16.04 we hope to have
everything available at the store instead of the current system-image
server, and that would allow other people to provide and upload
different components and images, such as the kernel used by rpi2
(still under community). There is still an ongoing discussion about
the technical details required around the store (and image), but we
should have more details over the next few weeks.

For now please just subscribe to the bug, and we should be able to
provide a better update soon.

Cheers,
--
Ricardo Salveti de Araujo