ANN: Ubuntu Core alpha-02 released!
asac at canonical.com
Tue Jan 20 19:39:23 UTC 2015
Hello Snappy Lovers,
as you might have already spotted in the news, this time we bring you
the snappiness of Ubuntu Core for the Thing right next to you  :).
Release highlights of this snappy Ubuntu Core alpha release include:
1. a new port of ubuntu-core system image to armhf architecture
2. u-boot support for our transaction system image updates
3. a new "Web Device Manager" (webdm) framework that enables
humans to manage snappy systems through a browser
4. a prebuilt beaglebone image that comes with webdm preinstalled
5. the ubuntu-device-flash tool to produce snappy images for local
hacking on enablement and to assemble your custom appliance
6. a porting guide to explain to the world of board manufacturers
what they need to do to get their board ready for development of
This release also brings a refresh of our snappy ubuntu-core bits
available for the cloud  and more details of what went into this
alpha-02 milestone can be found on our wiki.
Hope you enjoy this release as much as we do. Now, let's hurry and
snap a thing or two!
 - http://www.ubuntu.com/things
 - http://www.ubuntu.com/cloud/tools/snappy
 - https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuCore/Snappy/BetaReleaseUpdates/Alpha02
More information about the snappy-devel