Snappy Confinement and AppArmor

Oliver Grawert ogra at ubuntu.com
Wed Feb 25 15:01:17 UTC 2015

hi,
Am Mittwoch, den 25.02.2015, 15:45 +0100 schrieb Alexander Sack:

> That's odd. For me .swp files are usually created right next to the
> file I edit in vim and are not really temp files in the sense that
> they are supposed to survive reboot etc.

it iterates over:

$TMPDIR, $(pwd), /tmp

if non of these is writeable it throws an error (usually $TMPDIR isnt
set so you end up with a .$filename.swp file next to the file you
opened ...)

feel free to grab my vim package and have a look with "sudo journalctl
-f"

that vim package is rather moot anyway, you cant really open files
anywhere but in $SNAPP_APP_USER_DATA_PATH due to the confinement.

theoretically this package would need read access to everything ... but
even then there is the issue that once you sudo the $PATH gets changed
and you wont find the executable anymore.

ciao
	oli