Beaglebone Black 4.0 kernel

Loïc Minier loic.minier at ubuntu.com
Tue Apr 28 09:10:20 UTC 2015

The device tarballs are generated by livecd-rootfs running on the Ubuntu
livefs build daemons (machines driven by Launchpad); the resulting tarball
is then imported on system-image. The long filename you see is made from a
checksum of the file (this is to avoid storing multiple copies of the same
contents when it's the same in multiple channels). You can find the latest
device tarball from a set of JSON files, starting with the top-level
channels.json. The architecture and design of system-image are at:
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/ImageBasedUpgrades