Beaglebone Black 4.0 kernel

Winston Smith smith.winston.101 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 27 16:51:19 UTC 2015

On Sun, Apr 26, 2015 at 6:37 AM, Tim Gardner <tim.gardner at canonical.com>
wrote:

> I've got a device tarball for the BeagleBone Black based on a 4.0 kernel.
>
> http://people.canonical.com/~rtg/snappy/BeagleBoneBlack/device-4.0.tar.xz
>
> I'm working on getting an image uploaded but am having problems with the
> default login not working. More on that later..

Is there an official repository for the device tar balls?  I seem to end up
downloading them from very obscure links such as:

http://system-image.ubuntu.com/pool/device-e44a795767ceec9680a9760f30ec572a0ebb85445f21254b3b47e78ae9b8cee3.tar.xz

Without really what I'm downloading or where to get later versions.  I got
this link from the "Snappy for Devices porting guide
<https://developer.ubuntu.com/en/snappy/guides/porting/>"; however the link
has changed at least once since the alphas from a different, equally
obscure link (I guess that's a git commit hash in the filename ...).

Thanks!

-W