Snappy Ubuntu Core and updating on the Raspberry Pi 2

Niklas Wenzel nikwen.developer at gmail.com
Fri Apr 17 18:44:31 UTC 2015

Hi all,

I've been a long-time user of Ubuntu on my desktop and on my Nexus 4.
Recently, I've ordered a Raspberry Pi 2 for trying Snappy Ubuntu Core
on it.

Today, I found out on developer.ubuntu.com that the "snappy update"
command does not yet work on the Raspberry Pi 2 due to the lack of a
system-image server. [1]
I also found a bug report regarding this issue. [2]

Since I consider the easy system upgrade mechanism to be one of the
coolest features of Snappy Ubuntu Core, my question now is how long it
will take until that server is set up. Is anyone currently looking into
that?

Thank you very much in advance.

Cheers,
Niklas