Porting ubuntu snappy core to custom x86 hardware

Rajendra Dendukuri rajendra at broadcom.com
Fri Apr 10 19:18:22 UTC 2015

Hello folks,

I am looking for documentation/instructions to build a custom Ubuntu core image. For example, I see following image in current alpha release train. How do I build such an image from first principles.

http://cdimage.ubuntu.com/ubuntu-core/releases/alpha-3/ubuntu-core-WEBDM-alpha-03_amd64-generic.img.xz

I want to port Ubuntu core to the x86 based hardware that I am working with. Currently I am running Ubuntu Trusty based image on it and would want to run Ubuntu snappy core on the same.

I was able to see instructions for beaglebone. I need something similar for amd64 image.

Regards,
Rajen