Having some trouble installing Snappy Ubuntu

Werner Terreblanche werner.terreblanche at gmail.com
Sat Oct 24 05:14:55 UTC 2015

I'm still a newbie to Snappy and was trying to follow these instructions:

https://developer.ubuntu.com/en/snappy/start/raspberry-pi-2/

However, it fails every time  with the following:

dd: unrecognized operand ‘sync’

Do anyone have any advise?

Also, while I'm here with the rest of the Snappy experts...    the reason
why I want to try Snappy is because I've developed an app which currently
can run on Rasbian and X86 Ubuntu.      I thought it would be cool to get
it to work with Snappy Ubuntu.   However the things I'm a bit unsure
of.....     will I be able to do things like "aplay" and espeak.   As I
understand it, Snappy does not support the apt-get method, so does that
mean its not possible to install apps like espeak at all?

Regards
Werner