git clone and Launchpad build system

Joseph Rushton Wakeling joseph.wakeling at webdrake.net
Sat Mar 18 20:28:19 UTC 2017

On 18/03/17 14:46, Joseph Rushton Wakeling wrote:
> Is there an issue with using git source for parts of snap packages when using
> the Launchpad build system?  I'm having consistent build failures for this;
> originally I tried switching from `git://` URLS to `https://`, but I'm still
> seeing the same errors, see e.g.
> https://launchpadlibrarian.net/311390659/buildlog_snap_ubuntu_xenial_amd64_ldc2_BUILDING.txt.gz:

Still failing despite updating to make sure the `source-type` is explicitly
specified as git.  The same snap package builds fine for me with a `snapcraft
cleanbuild`.

I'm a bit baffled here because I compared to the openhab snap, which also uses
git source and seems to build fine in Launchpad:
https://git.launchpad.net/~openhab/openhab-snap/+git/master/tree/snapcraft.yaml