Relationship between snaps and containers, if any

Luther Goh Lu Feng elfgoh at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 24 23:53:42 UTC 2017

I seek clarity in understanding how docker containers are different from snaps. The question originated as I pondered if docker containers are the equivalent of snaps. Is there a blog post or FAQ somewhere that already addresses this?

I also read this article[1], though dated, mentions docker support in Snappy, which makes me wonder:

- the scenarios that I would want to deploy docker containers alongside snaps
- snapping a docker container.

Appreciate if someone can enlighten me. Thanks.

-- Luther
[1] http://thenewstack.io/snappy-ubuntu-a-new-cloud-os-with-support-for-docker-in-a-post-shellshock-era/