Pi2 and 3 image improvements (GLES, GPIO)

Alejandro J. Cura alejandro.cura at canonical.com
Mon Jan 23 20:53:58 UTC 2017

Hey all, thanks for the hard work getting this image into shape.

I've been trying to run on a Raspi3 the Mir-kiosk-apps demo from:
https://developer.ubuntu.com/en/snappy/guides/mir-snaps/ but I've not had
much success. End of last week the demos would crash, and Mir would shut
down after a few seconds. After refreshing the core today, I'm getting the
very first frame, and when I try to move the mouse I see the cursor make a
small jump (perhaps another frame?) and then it all hangs up.

I can ssh into the raspi, and enable a different one of the demo apps with
something like:
$ snap set mir-kiosk-apps app="rssnews"; snap disable mir-kiosk-apps; snap
disable mir-kiosk; snap enable mir-kiosk; snap enable mir-kiosk-apps

But it still gets stuck on the first frame and only allows a small jump of
the mouse before freezing.

I've also tried the kodi demo snap mentioned here:
https://plus.google.com/u/0/+OliverGrawert/posts/6S6U4MKG32y
but that crashes with something like:

alecu at localhost:~$ /snap/bin/kodi-mir-snapshot.kodi
ERROR: Unable to create GUI. Exiting
*** Error in `/snap/kodi-mir-snapshot/x1/lib/kodi/kodi.bin': free():
invalid pointer: 0x75d99844 ***
/snap/kodi-mir-snapshot/x1/bin/runner_kodi: line 180:  2720 Aborted
        "$LIBDIR/${bin_name}/${bin_name}.bin" $SAVED_ARGS
Crash report available at
/home/alecu/snap/kodi-mir-snapshot/x1/kodi_crashlog-20170123_202923.log

Any ideas on what I should try, or how to further debug this? I can upload
the crash report if it helps.

thanks!
--
alecu