Best practise for gstreamer plugins?

Gustavo Niemeyer gustavo at niemeyer.net
Mon Jan 23 11:50:26 UTC 2017

First thing I would do is include whatever you need inside the snap itself,
and get things working quickly.

Then, there are a few different ways you can move from there. The first one
is actually to do nothing.. the whole snap infrastructure (snapcraft,
snapd, uploads, downloads) is becoming delta-aware right now, which means
even if the total size is 100MB, you'll generally be dealing with only a
few megs.

Another option, once you're unhappy with that, is using a content interface
which allows sharing data across your snaps. This is a bit more complex, so
I wouldn't bother unless there are benefits you're looking for, other than
just size.

gustavo @ http://niemeyer.net