Snap install apparmor error: 'profile has merged rule with conflicting x modifiers'

Joseph Rushton Wakeling joseph.wakeling at webdrake.net
Fri Jan 20 23:36:44 UTC 2017

On 21/01/17 00:14, Joseph Rushton Wakeling wrote:
> All builds fine, but when I try to install with
>
>     sudo snap install --classic --dangerous dub_1.1.1_amd64.snap
>
> I get an error message:

Hmm, I should have dug a bit deeper before writing.  Turns out if I remove
`network` from the list of plugs, it installs just fine.

Does this mean that classic snaps automatically have network access?  In any
case it looks like requesting it explicitly causes a problem in generating the
appropriate apparmor profile.