Classic confinement and core_dynamic_linker

Sergio Schvezov sergio.schvezov at canonical.com
Sat Jan 14 02:26:06 UTC 2017

El 13 ene. 2017 10:47 PM, "Joseph Rushton Wakeling" <
joseph.wakeling at webdrake.net> escribió:

Hello all,

Hearing about classic confinement was rather exciting given that it seems
tailor-made for the use-cases of my current WiP snaps for the ldc2 D
compiler and the dub D build system:
https://github.com/WebDrake/ldc2.snap/pull/1
https://github.com/WebDrake/dub.snap/pull/1

However, I'm running into difficulties every time I try to do a `snapcraft
cleanbuild`: part-way through the build process I invariably get an error:

classic confinement requires the core_dynamic_linker to be set

I've discovered and tried the proposed workaround here:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/snapcraft/+bug/1650946/comments/11

... but it seems to make no difference.  Can anyone advise what else needs
to be done to build a package with `classic` confinement?

A generic solution for build systems and CI is being worked on.

Thanks for taking notice.