Classic confinement and core_dynamic_linker

Joseph Rushton Wakeling joseph.wakeling at webdrake.net
Fri Jan 13 23:20:45 UTC 2017

On 13/01/17 23:18, Kyle Fazzari wrote:
> Since you're using cleanbuild, you would actually need the core snap
> installed in the lxc container being used, which I don't think is
> currently possible in lxc (though maybe it is nowadays, I know work was
> being done in that area).
>
> Have you tried _not_ doing this in cleanbuild, on a system with the core
> snap installed?

Ah, thanks.  I did consider that but thought it would be a bit odd for a new
feature to come without a cleanbuild of it being possible.

Anyway, doing a regular `snapcraft build` means the `core_dynamic_linker` error
vanishes, but this time I get linker errors when building LDC:

    error while loading shared libraries: libconfig.so.9: cannot open shared
    object file: No such file or directory

`libconfig++-dev` and `libconfig-dev` are both installed along with their
dependencies (libconfig++-dev is specified as a build dependency), and I _don't_
get this linker error when confinement is set to `strict`.