Slow snap build on Ubuntu Core device

Alan Pope alan.pope at canonical.com
Tue Jan 10 15:40:24 UTC 2017

On 10 January 2017 at 15:28, XiaoGuo Liu <xiaoguo.liu at canonical.com> wrote:
> Currently, I am try to build armhf snap on Raspberry Pi device. I find that
> the build process is extremely slow, and sometimes, it shows that it will
> take more than 1 hour to get it down. I cannot set up the VPN on the device
> for now. May I know whether there is any way to change the source of the
> download on the board?

For archive packages being slow (as you have) I use apt-cacher-ng on
my laptop. It caches the debs making snapcraft builds much faster.

https://www.unix-ag.uni-kl.de/~bloch/acng/

Alternatively, push it to launchpad and build there?

https://kyrofa.com/posts/building-your-snap-on-device-there-s-a-better-way

Cheers,
--
Alan Pope
Community Manager

Canonical - Ubuntu Engineering and Services
+44 (0) 7973 620 164
alan.pope at canonical.com
http://ubuntu.com/