Non-http git submodules with launchpad builders

Gregory Lutostanski gregory.lutostanski at canonical.com
Sat Feb 11 18:05:37 UTC 2017

So I've got a snapcraft.yaml that builds fine locally, but it has
submodules from a remote git:// repo (rather than https://), this means the
HTTP and HTTPS proxies don't help -- which leads to errors on launchpad
builders.

I tried to change the submodule url in the prepare step, but snapcraft
already does a git clone --recursive, so this is a step too late. (git://
anongit.freedesktop.org/xcb/util-common-m4.git, to
https://anongit.freedesktop.org/git/xcb/util-common-m4.git)

Is there any way I can let the git source from snapcraft not pull
recusively? Or might we be able to have launchpad builders have a git proxy
(perhaps via GIT_PROXY_COMMAND, like in
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/783811/getting-git-to-work-with-a-proxy-server/21136254#21136254
)

Otherwise I will have to have a mirror of the upstream repo, with just
submodules changed, which seems a bit hacky.

Snapcraft.yaml is here:
https://github.com/lutostag/easy2fa/blob/master/snap/snapcraft.yaml

Has anyone else hit this issue?

Thanks,