ANT plugin - location of jar files.

Jenny Murphy jenny.murphy at episensor.com
Tue Jun 28 20:11:48 UTC 2016

Hi Sergio and Didier,
Yes I will file a bug report. I think it is ok to have target as the
default ( I am not sure what if any industry standard destination there is,
maybe dist or build ? Unfortunately, no I am not python proficient :-(.
Jenny

On 27 June 2016 at 16:22, Sergio Schvezov <sergio.schvezov at canonical.com>
wrote:

> El 27/06/16 a las 05:50, Didier Roche escribió:
> > Le 27/06/2016 10:24, Jenny Murphy a écrit :
> >> Hi,
> >> I am building a java application under snapcraft using the ant plugin.
> >> My build.xml file puts the created jar files in a directory called
> >> *lib*. The ant plugin complains about this because it was expecting to
> >> find jar files in a directory called *jar*.
> >>
> >> Is it possible to tell the ant plugin to look elsewhere?
> >>
> >> I don't think the copy plugin is the solution because this errors at
> >> the end of the ant part build step.
> >>
> >> Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
> >>

> > Hey Jenny,
> > I'm by no mean a java expert and it doesn't seem that "snapcraft help
> > ant" shows up any options for achieving this.
> > The line of the plugin itself seems guilty: "files =
> > glob.glob(os.path.join(self.builddir, 'target', '*.jar'))"
> >
> > Before advising you to inheirt/create your own plugin, I'm CCing Sergio
> > who might have another idea or may want to grow a plugin options for
> this.
>
> Hi Jenny, I would welcome a bug report on
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/snapcraft/+filebug about this, an industry
> standard to follow by default would be good if `target` isn't the right
> one. We can take it from there but if you know python, a PR on github
> would be welcome as well :-)
>
> Cheers
> Sergio

*Jenny Murphy*
*EpiSensor, Georges Quay House, Georges Quay, Limerick, Ireland*
jenny.murphy at episensor.com <jenny.murphy at episensor.com>  t | +353 (0) 61
512 511  w | http://www.episensor.com