Snapcraft and SDL2 issues

Zygmunt Krynicki zygmunt.krynicki at canonical.com
Wed Jun 22 06:26:28 UTC 2016

> Wiadomość napisana przez Didier Roche <didrocks at ubuntu.com> w dniu 22.06.2016, o godz. 08:07:
>
> Le 22/06/2016 01:15, Alex Spataru a écrit :
>> Hello,
>
> Hey Alex!
>>
>> I am creating a snap of my application, however, I am still having some issues:
>>
>> - My application uses SDL2 to get joystick input and generate sounds. When packaged as a snap, my application cannot access joystick information nor generate sound tones.
>
> Even in devmode? (in case you didn't start with this, you need to always try to install and develop your applicaiton in devmode, then you remove confinement once it works).
> Then, as you provided log for, "snappy-debug.security scanlog" is a good way to trap potential issues.
>
> * On sounds:
> from your logs, only /dev/shm/pulse-shm-3539825856 seems to be related to sound, Zygmunt, is there any known issue on this with the pulseaudio interface?

I fixed two bugs related to sound yesterday. One affected all the systems other than ubuntu and debian. The other affected all systems. I suspect you may have to wait till …. today (today is the SRU day) to see this fixed.

Can you please file a bug and tag it with „snaps-interfaces” on http://bugs.launchpad.net/snappy

>> - I launch several processes to obtain CPU usage and Battery status (which are later reported to the user). However, it seems that the "snapped" application cannot open external processes.

They can as long as they are inside the snap. You cannot rely on the host OS to have those applications.