ANN: snapd 2.0.8 available in 16.04

Michael Vogt michael.vogt at canonical.com
Tue Jun 14 15:38:34 UTC 2016

On Mon, Jun 13, 2016 at 03:31:24PM -0500, Simon Quigley wrote:
> Greetings Michael,
Hello Simon,

thanks for your mail.

> Sorry to hijack this thread, but there's a bit of a versioning issue
> here. snapd is version 2.0.8 in 16.04, but it is still at version
> 2.0.*2* in Yakkety:
>
> < tsimonq2> !info snapd yakkety
> < ubottu> snapd (source: snapd): Tool to interact with Ubuntu Core
> Snappy.. In component main, is optional. Version 2.0.2 (yakkety),
> package size 2745 kB, installed size 14700 kB
>
> < tsimonq2> !info snapd xenial
> < ubottu> snapd (source: snapd): Tool to interact with Ubuntu Core
> Snappy.. In component main, is optional. Version 2.0.8 (xenial), package
> size 3581 kB, installed size 17156 kB
>
> When will 2.0.8 be in Yakkety, and wouldn't this sort of thing be in
> Yakkety first? I use Yakkety, and I'm stuck compiling from source or
> using the package from Xenial if I want to have the improvements that
> came with 2.0.8.

Version 2.0.8+16.10 is in yakkety-proposed. However there are
autopkgtest regression that prevent the 2.0.8 version from entering
yakkety itself. The testsuite is exactly the same as the one that runs
successfully on 16.04 and the errors in yakkety look not at all
related to snapd. I strongly suspect its something in yakkety but so
far I was not able to isolate it (did some runs in a yakkety VM, I can
reproduce the failure but made no progress on finding the rootcasue so
far).

Cheers,
 Michael