ANN: snapd 2.0.8 available in 16.04

Simon Quigley tsimonq2 at ubuntu.com
Mon Jun 13 20:31:24 UTC 2016

Greetings Michael,

Sorry to hijack this thread, but there's a bit of a versioning issue
here. snapd is version 2.0.8 in 16.04, but it is still at version
2.0.*2* in Yakkety:

< tsimonq2> !info snapd yakkety
< ubottu> snapd (source: snapd): Tool to interact with Ubuntu Core
Snappy.. In component main, is optional. Version 2.0.2 (yakkety),
package size 2745 kB, installed size 14700 kB

< tsimonq2> !info snapd xenial
< ubottu> snapd (source: snapd): Tool to interact with Ubuntu Core
Snappy.. In component main, is optional. Version 2.0.8 (xenial), package
size 3581 kB, installed size 17156 kB

When will 2.0.8 be in Yakkety, and wouldn't this sort of thing be in
Yakkety first? I use Yakkety, and I'm stuck compiling from source or
using the package from Xenial if I want to have the improvements that
came with 2.0.8.

Have a nice day!

--
Simon Quigley